Health and Medicines

Links to official NHS advice

Get the latest NHS information and advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19) here

Is my child too ill for school?


If your child needs medicine, prescribed by a doctor or dentist, administering to them during the school day please complete a Medicine Authorisation Form which is available as a paper copy from the school office or can be printed at home using the link below.

Please hand over any medicines to school staff at the gate in the morning or at the school office.

Unfortunately, school staff cannot administer paracetamol or other pain relief to pupils unless it has been prescribed by a doctor or is part of an educational health care plan. Parents are welcome to come into school during the day to administer pain relief medication. Please speak to the school office to make us aware of your intention to do this.


School Nursing Team Top Tips